Wanderlust (noun): a very strong and irresistible impulse or desire to travel the world.
I am suffering from that thing called WANDERLUST. I'm not going anywhere as of the moment, but I can hardly wait to book that plane ticket for another sweet escape. I'm currently armchair traveling, getting all the inspiration I need from Pinterest, Instagram, my friends' travel blogs, and my fave travel quotes.
Ohh, travel quotes! Admit it or not, we sometimes need a string of inspiring words to make our travel plans work out. So, I decided to share my 25 favorite travel quotes here on the blog.
Warning: These quotes will make you want to pack your bags!
|Ready. Get set. Be inspired.|
2. “Why do you go away? So that you can come back. So that you can see the place you came from with new eyes and extra colors. And the people there see you differently, too. Coming back to where you started is not the same as never leaving.” - Terry Pratchett, A Hat Full of Sky
3. “I see my path, but I don’t know where it leads. Not knowing where I’m going is what inspires me to travel it.” - Rosalia de Castro
4. “Once a year, go someplace you’ve never been before.” – Anonymous
5. “I have found out that there ain't no surer way to find out whether you like people or hate them than to travel with them.” - Mark Twain
6. “I am not the same, having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.” – Mary Anne Radmacher
7. "All travel has its advantages. If the passenger visits better countries, he may learn to improve his own. And if fortune carries him to worse, he may learn to enjoy it.” - Samuel Johnson
8. “Not all those who wander are lost.” - J.R.R. Tolkien
9. “Traveling – it leaves you speechless, then turns you into a storyteller.” – Ibn Battuta
10. “If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion and avoid the people, you might better stay at home.” – James Michener
11. “Stop worrying about the potholes in the road and celebrate the journey.” – Fitzhugh Mullan
12. “The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” – St. Augustine
13. “Travel makes one modest. You see what a tiny place you occupy in the world.” – Gustave Flaubert
14. “If you wish to travel far and fast, travel light. Take off all your envies, jealousies, unforgiveness, selfishness and fears.” - Cesare Pavese
15. “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain
16. “Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.” – Anonymous
17. “To awaken quite alone in a strange town is one of the pleasantest sensations in the world.” – Freya Stark
18. “To travel is to discover that everyone is wrong about other countries.” – Aldous Huxley
19. “We travel not to escape life, but for life not to escape us.” – Anonymous
20. “Stuff your eyes with wonder, live as if you’d drop dead in ten seconds. See the world. It’s more fantastic than any dream made or paid for in factories.” – Ray Bradbury
21. “When you travel, remember that a foreign country is not designed to make you comfortable. It is designed to make its own people comfortable.” – Clifton Fadiman
22. "To see the world, things dangerous to come to, to see behind walls, draw closer, to find each other, and to feel. That is the purpose of life.” - The Secret Life Of Walter Mitty
23. “And then there is the most dangerous risk of all — the risk of spending your life not doing what you want on the bet you can buy yourself the freedom to do it later.” – Randy Komisar
24. “Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain.”― Jack Kerouac
25. “I’m in love with cities I’ve never been to and people I’ve never met.” - John Green
Did I miss your favorite wanderlust quote? Share it in the comment section below. :)